Opera Teens is a national initiative to empower high schoolers to pursue their interests in opera, share opera learning with others, and leverage the power of opera to serve local communities.
Florida Grand Opera is proud to be a company sponsor for the inaugural South Florida chapter of Opera Teens, “Forte Teens” (@ForteTeens). FGO supports its local Opera Teens as they pursue their interests in the opera industry, share opera learning with others and give back to their communities.
The lead Opera Teens contact at FGO is Rebekah Diaz-Fandrei, Director of Education and Community Engagement, who can be reached at (305) 403-3308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are just a few of the FGO-exclusive perks for Opera Teens members:
-Attend closed rehearsals, masterclasses, and final dress rehearsals
– Receive private tours of performance venues, prop/scenery warehouses, and costume shop
– Receive mentorship from opera administration professionals
– Meet and interact with artists
– Complimentary access to a variety of FGO events and outreach performances x Fun social events including themed opera movie nights, “sing-ins” of popular opera choruses, ice cream socials, and more
– Plus all additional benefits as outlined by OPERA America!
If you, or someone you know, are a teenager interested in opera, willing to learn more, and ready to be a part of a national movement, join Opera Teens and share the goodness of opera with your generation and beyond!
The South Florida council meets approximately twice per month and is currently led by local high school senior Summer Thompson.
Additional information available at: www.operaamerica.org/OperaTeens operateens.tumblr.com